What's new

Do you keep your old phones?

Heatman

My brother is the kind of person who's always attached to his old phones and including the smartphones he's used and changed recently. He's never giving them up or giving them away. Once he upgrades his old phones, he'd have them boxed and kept.

Sometimes, I see him as a collector because that's the only reason I can see for him to be doing that.

As for me, the moment I'm upgrading my old phone, it's either I sell the old one or give it out to any of my friends that needs it.

I keep them in hopes they become collector's items one day. Never know and be nice to get a high value back for old devices.

I still have my iPhone 4S and Galaxy S7 Edge. Though, with my new phones, I upgrade each year as part of Apple's Upgrade Program so I return the phone each September for the new model

While we don't believe in cell phones, my husband only has one for emergencies, when we did have to upgrade, we'd donate them to places that could benefit. One is for Women's Shelters so women can have a phone in case of domestic violence. Many are programmed with just 911 so they can get help faster.

We usually do as backups or spares as my kids sometimes end up dropping or breaking their phones on accident, I never throw away our old phones if they are still in working order for this reason. When my kids get new phones for Christmas or so, I usually end up with their hand-me-downs as long as the phone is still working.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom