What's new

Do you make use of VPN?

Heatman

Society Member
Some people are never interested in making use of VPN for one reason or another. Some would tell you that they have no need for making use of it in trying to mask their identity online.

As for me, I find it very useful because being heavily involved in online jobs, there are some platforms it's what's going to allow me to have access to them. I know that there's a security risk of using VPN and it's why I always make of the paid versions.

No not really, I don't like how it can slow down my internet at times and if it disconnects it can kill my internet as a safety which can just be annoying.

Our newest computer comes with McAfee’s. I tried it a few times but it prevented me from accessing many sites & forums, including my own.
One I had looked into before was NordVPN. Since I use DuckDuckGo search engine, I learned of their TunnelBear. As that page says: "Recommended by a duck, protected by a bear!"
For those who do use a VPN, what do you like about it? What don't you like?

One thing, I hate about VPNs that can protect hackers and swatters from being found.

VPNs are something that can be used to mask your identity online. Many people use them for the purpose of gaining access to something that would otherwise be blocked in their country. For example, some people use a VPN to watch the UK or US version of Netflix if they do not have access to it in their country or even say with YouTube when they say the video is not available in their country, a VPN would come in handy to allow you to see that video.

I myself have used a VPN in the past for reasons such as accessing the US version of Netflix but I haven't used one or needed to use on in a while.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom