What's new

Does the U.S. require gun control?

Axel

The second amendment states U.S. citizens have the right to own weapons. However, the second amendment was written many years ago and things change with time. With mass shootings becoming an every day occurrence, do we need gun control?

NC has a pistol licensing program. You fill out a form online and hand over $5 and they run the same background check NICS runs and if you come back clean, they give you a piece of paper so you can buy a pistol. It should be noted no such process is required for rifles like AR-15.

I definitely think the U.S. needs gun control. Most countries around the world have only a fraction of the amount of shootings we have. As someone who was trained with a firearm, it's not a toy. I think harsher restrictions should be in place to obtain a weapon.

In my state, they used to only require a training class that could be taken online. Now they require an in-person class/training which I believe is a step in the right direction

It does not seem like a devastating infringement on the 2nd amendment to require background checks and safety training before getting to own a firearm. That's the very least one can do.

Yes, there is the 2nd amendment and I always hear after any school shooting when the debate starts about better gun control that it's their right but as you say, that was made years ago when things were different and now that it's more of an occurrence than it ever was, I do feel that something needs to be done to better gun control because the 2nd amendment just isn't it anymore.

I myself live in the UK and I always remember there was ONE school shooting in Scotland that changed the gun laws forever in the UK. Now we are starting to see guns coming in through the black market and being used in the country and even though our gun laws are still as strict as they always have been since that school shooting. I feel more now needs to be done to stop guns from coming into the country and landing in the wrong hands.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom