What's new

Is TikTok safe?

ChattyKathy

Before covid a few friends on Facebook were warning about TikTok but then there was nothing. Now Republicans in the US are warning about the dangers of TikTok and security. The Chinese own the app, so that's something to consider when using it. I don't have the app on any of my systems, but I've watched a few of the videos on Facebook. It hasn't enhanced my life any.

I don't have a cell phone so don't do apps. I also don't care for TikTok. One, they are owned by China which can be a security risk. Two, I have seen so many odd videos on there that are downright dangerous.

I wouldn't say that TikTok is unsafe as they have to follow any laws like any other site in how they protect their users, store their information, and so forth. I myself have been using TikTok now since December 2019 with my use of the app increasing during 2020 when we had the lockdowns and such. As much as you can get bullies, trolls, and the like on the app just as you can anywhere, in terms of safety it is pretty safe. As with all apps like that on the internet, children should always be supervised by an adult if they use the app and it has been known that if children are appearing on the app without adult supervision, they are suspended which I feel is a good thing as you never know who could be on the app.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom