What's new

Move a lot as a kid?

Nebulous

Carpe diem
Society Member
As a child, did your family mainly stay in one place or did you move around a lot?

Either way, how did that affect you?

When I was younger my family always stayed in the same home. To this day my Mum and Dad still live in the same house I was brought up in and have never moved even though they have considered it in the past. Unfortunately the same can not be said for my own kids due to me being in an abusive relationship for a while I didn't realize at the time that he was wanting to move house because he wasn't paying the rent so all in all my kids moved quite a few times. Since I got out of that relationship though, we have lived in the same house for nearly 7 years.

We moved a few times whenever I was a kid, but now we've lived in this same house for years.

As a kid I moved around a lot. My mom and dad were in a constant state of breaking up and getting back together. When they'd break up we'd move 100 miles away to my grandparents house. When they'd get back together we'd come back. I was always telling my classmates and friends in both cities that I was moving for good this time, but then I'd be back a month later. They stopped believing me after a while, then one day I was gone for good (from the one city) and here to stay (in the other city).

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom