What's new

What do you wish they would teach at school that they don't?

rehaM

Admin
Back when I went to school, we never learned finances and economics. We took a brief class on it before graduating high school but I wish they devoted an entire year of class time to discuss finance, savings, banking, economics, etc.

How to think for yourself. Public schools tend to teach one side. While debates can be heated, I feel kids should learn ALL accounts. Not just the ones that make somebody feel good. We have a dark history on this Earth. We need to keep remembering it so we don't repeat those same mistakes.
I also believe classes should be more individualized. I struggled with Algebra & maths. I never got a job that required those calculations. If they would have allowed students to take real world classes & to focus on their own strengths, they would be more apt to deal with life after they graduated.

Exactly the above. How to think for yourself is a big one. I never had to do algebra in school, but did struggle with math. I was put in special ed which tbh never did much for me or taught me anything much.

The one thing that was never taught in school and is still not here to this day is finances and the economy or even having to deal with taxes. Most of what they teach you in maths in school is stuff you probably will never need when you get out into the real world. Things like taxes are something I feel should be taught in schools to get children ready for the working world and the real world.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom