What's new

What is Mindfulness?

Naiwen

Society Member
Mindfulness is become self-aware of how you're feeling right here and now, what you're thinking about currently and here, in this place, this current moment. And it's to notice your surroundings, what you're doing and what you're saying. To realize that being suicidal, sad or depressed, is an emotion, and therefore can be stopped before acting. It's just to take a moment, take a deep breath, to stop and think before acting out on your emotions, feelings and thoughts because life is beautiful and existing is a blessing and enjoyable, no matter the circumstances. "Everything is temporary, even your life, everything shall pass and this too, suffering is unnecessary in life currently, here and now". To realize this and enjoy it, live your life to the fullest every moment of your current life, is the final goal of life. Not death or suffering. Please remind yourself that if you're suicidal, negative or depressed. It's to be bring back your mind to rationality, and realize that you're in an emotional crisis. What about you? Have you tried mindfulness personally yourself?

If focusing on breathing brings on panic attacks is it possible to focus on something else?

I believe in holistic living which includes the body & mind. We believe everything goes hand in hand. When one part hurts, it affects the entire physical & mental being. Same too when a human being suffers, while we may not feel it directly, it does affect us indirectly.
Mindfulness is being aware of your surroundings. Your feelings. Being considerate of yourself, others, & the Earth & its creatures. I do practice it as I feel it has helped me become healthier & hone my empathy towards others.
I don't believe we can "choose" to be happy as we can where we "choose" a car. There's more to it than that.
If focusing on breathing brings on panic attacks is it possible to focus on something else?

Some people find that focusing on their breathing may make their panic & anxiety worse. What can help is try different breathing techniques. If it's too shallow & fast, that tends to increase the nervous system's response. Try just breathing without a focus on it. Letting the mind wander & being okay with any thoughts that come in, even panic attacks. I have found when I don't fight my thoughts, they don't have a strong hold on me.
Hope this helps :)

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom