What's new

Your Communication Mode?

Naiwen

Society Member
I'm a non-verbal autistic person. I hate talking, especially to random strangers on the street. I think : "But why is this person talking to me?" and " What they want from me now?"

Hence why, I don't even go out there alone without my caretaker. I love writing more than talking because I can think about what to say rather than blurt out the 1st thing that comes to mind. What about you? What's your personal communication mode?

I'm an introvert & I definitely prefer writing over talking. Oral words tend to get mixed up. I even write my husband notes. He had always asked me, Why can't you just say it? Because I can't lol Not clearly anyways. Certainly takes a lot longer to get my point across. Definitely harder when I get frustrated & then those words REALLY come out crazy.

For those who have a harder time with oral words, do your words get jumbled too? Not so much a stutter, just jumbled. Examples I would say: "Groundly fine" instead of "Finely ground" sea salt. Another example, this was years ago. I had asked our then dog what she was "Smiffing". Smelling/ Sniffing! That word stuck though & we still use it :)

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom