What's new

Abolish the Death Penalty?

rehaM

Admin
Should capital punishment be abolished and make life imprisonment the harshest form of sentence?

A criminal breaks into your home then rob plus kill your child but you manage to survive the encounter, would you just want him to go eat 3 meals aday in jail or the death penalty?

My take on it is I believe the death penalty to be an easy way out. Sure the person is killed and will never see the light of day, but I think life imprisonment is much worse. Not only do you have to live with your actions and thoughts, but you're stuck in confinement for the rest of your life, barely having any communication with the outside world.

A criminal breaks into your home then rob plus kill your child but you manage to survive the encounter, would you just want him to go eat 3 meals aday in jail or the death penalty?

You raise a good point though. Honestly, in this situation I'm not sure whether I'd want the person to be killed or to spend life in prison. Whichever the outcome is, it will never bring my child back

My take on it is I believe the death penalty to be an easy way out. Sure the person is killed and will never see the light of day, but I think life imprisonment is much worse. Not only do you have to live with your actions and thoughts, but you're stuck in confinement for the rest of your life, barely having any communication with the outside world.

You raise a good point though. Honestly, in this situation I'm not sure whether I'd want the person to be killed or to spend life in prison. Whichever the outcome is, it will never bring my child back

Justice is some thing which you cannot play like any how you want. If in a country or in any region injustice happens. Ready for disasters directly or indirectly. Happiness index in India is low why because peoples mentality. If you don't do justice with in yourself God will not do justice with you. And be ready for every thing will cause to the country.

Justice is some thing which you cannot play like any how you want. If in a country or in any region injustice happens. Ready for disasters directly or indirectly. Happiness index in India is low why because peoples mentality. If you don't do justice with in yourself God will not do justice with you. And be ready for every thing will cause to the country.

Wow, that video just highlights just some of the many injustices around the world. It's unfortunate how the justice system can fail and let criminals like these walk the streets.

In this debate, it's impossible to have a win win situation. The death penalty does prevent criminals like rapists and murders from walking the streets again. However, having done a lot of research on The Innocence Project during my undergraduate degree, there have many people people wrongfully convicted in the U.S. judicial system. Some have even been put to death. The Innocence Project is a non-profit that exonerates the wrongfully convicted, some who face life in prison.

I would never want an innocent human put to death for being wrongfully convicted. Unfortunately, building the case for these individuals to be exonerated takes time, time they would not have if they were on death row.

Being that in so many cases people who have been sentenced to death have in some cases been proven innocent so many years later I do feel that the death penalty is too much. I often wonder how many people were sentenced to death and they are now gone and they were innocent. I feel life in prison should be the harshest form of punishment and depending on the severity of the crime, they get treated differently inside to really be punished. End of the day, death is irreversible and if later they are found to be innocent, you can't bring them back. If they are inside, you can let them go and let them live their life still after that mistake.

I am not against Capital Punishment as a whole, but in the way it is currently handled I believe we should just drop it and go with life terms. The system takes years (sometimes forever) to actually perform the action and legal battles and cultural changes have caused all sorts of strange outcomes for these prisoners. Granted I support a full modern reform of our correctional system, but that is probably never going to happen.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom