What's new

Do you know how to swim?

Heatman

Society Member
I have a very strong phobia for pools or sea water. This made it almost impossible for me to learn how to swim. Once I'm close to such waters, I become sick immediately.

It's part of the reason why I don't travel by sea because I would look horrible at the end of the trip. I really need to learn how to swim but I don't have any way around it at the moment.

I learned how to swim in gym class in middle school. My teacher was happy to show me what to do and I picked it up really fast, but then again, I was heavy set and floated easily! I love swimming but not in water where fish are, I prefer a pool.

I learned how to swim in gym class in middle school. My teacher was happy to show me what to do and I picked it up really fast, but then again, I was heavy set and floated easily! I love swimming but not in water where fish are, I prefer a pool.
Wait you all had a pool in middle school?

I've heard that some schools around the country teach swimming and have a designated pool in the school. I've never seen that until I got to university

As for swimming, I know how to but I wouldn't say I swim properly like they teach you

I earned to swim when I was 5. My dad threq me in the deep end of the local swimming pool lol. he told me just kick your legs and you will be fine lol. Needless to say I almost drowned.

I just started my swimming lesson a week ago and I just realized then that I’m so afraid of drowning. Everytime my coach told me to swim toward her, I always have this doubt in the back of my mind that I’m gonna drown. Even thinking about it afterwards made me nervous and my heart beat increased.

We had a pool when I was a kid so I learned to swim when I was 4. It set the tone for me loving the water even as an adult. Our neighbor also had a pool but kids preferred ours as the neighbors were quite snobby. We always had pool parties as a kid. We were in it pretty much all day, every day in the warmer months. My dad didn’t care for the upkeep but as kids, we just had fun. I would love to have a pool here but I remember my dad not liking the upkeep lol

I have had zero interest in swimming right from when I was just a kid. I fear any form of swimming and won't even like to swim even when I feel I am not going to drown inside.

When I was about 5 years old I fell into a pool and sunk to the bottom. I remember trying so hard to get back to the top but just couldnt, I eventually gave up and was beginning to pass out when my mom's friend jumped into the pool and saved me. After that my mom thought I would be terrified of the pool, ocean so she took me everyday back to the pool and taught me how to swim.

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post

Create an account

Create an account to join our society. It's quick and easy!

Already a society member? Log in here.

Top Bottom